Sunday, September 9, 2007

Brains, politics, and PhDs

According to this study, liberals more easily handle change than conservatives. I'm not on campus, but I'm not sure that CMU gets that journal anyway. I'd be interested to read the study, because I'd like to know if they controlled for education, or if they ran the same study varying educational levels while keeping political bent constant. I would assume that to get approved for publication they would have at least controlled for age.

My curiousity re: education is because awhile back I read something (sorry, forgot source) saying that people who had PhDs had less "mature" brains because they had to constantly learn new things, or something. Which would explain why it seems a lot of professors tend to retain childlike qualities. And how most of us go to grad school to avoid growing up.

No comments: